Special Retreat Facilities
- As a release from the pressures and stress of every-day life.
- As a time of rest and renewal.
- As a change from the ordinary routines and work.
- To create lasting memories to carry with you through the year
- To rebuild one’s passion for life and aspiration to succeed.
- To rebuild one's courage and enthusiasm to overcome issues of life
- To create quality time with family or friends.
- As a time of relaxation and enjoyment.
- The peace and quiet of unspoiled hills and countryside.
- The isolation and remoteness to contemplate and feel a part of nature
- Walking, cycling and historic and scenic places to visit.
- Relaxing classical and other music.
- A library of natural history and documentary programmes to entertain and inspire you
As a Spiritual Haven
Built as a chapel as a spiritual meeting place, it still possesses that special atmosphere of peace and faith to grow spiritually, to bring you a sense of peace and healing; whatever your personal faith or none:
- To sense the mystery and romance of history at nearby ancient and religious sites
- To gain a deeper sense of awe and reverence for creation
- To develop a realisation of an inner awareness and healing through silence
- To ponder the deeper issues of life, and develop a richer attitude to life.
- To contemplate one’s personal direction and outlook,
- focusing one’s concentration, motivation and enthusiasm.
- To apprehend, in prayerful reflection, one’s deepest needs and longings.
- To gain a deeper self-knowledge through meditation: to identify those areas
- of one’s life that hold us back and prevent us realising one’s full potential.
- To nurture a stronger loyalty in one’s relationships
- Quiet, unhurried pace of life,
- Magnificent views and an inspiring, rolling countryside to walk in
- Spiritual music for meditation, inspirational literature and quality books.
- Meditation guides, Celtic Prayers, meditation music
As a Sanctuary for Christian Renewal
As a former place of worship, built for the glory of God, the Chapel has that association that encourages the renewal of a personal Faith, Hope and Charity:
A peaceful and calming place to draw near to God. For example,
- To develop a deeper love for and devotion to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
- To deepen one’s understanding and experience of the Will of God through reflection and prayer.
- To know the joy of His presence with us through waiting quietly on Him in prayer,
- To renew a personal commitment to Christ through dedication and worship.
- To grow in grace, true piety and Christian character through study and prayer.
- To strengthen one’s scriptural knowledge and personal Faith through study and reflection.
- To experience quietly the glory and intimate freedom of being ‘In Christ’
- To worship and serve God more fully and sincerely through opening one’s hearts and life to Him.
- Quiet, open countryside for walking and contemplation
- Library of Christian books, biographical and documentary;
- Study material and books, prayers and thoughts for meditation;
- Digitally stored videos of theological addresses, sermons and religious documentaries;
- Traditional and modern worship songs and hymns
- Bibles, Bible study books and commentary
- Devotional books such as 'Valley of Vision' and 'Daily Light',